LEXUS PLUS - We're there to help when you need us
Emergency assistance anywhere in the country, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
We know that, in an emergency, a helping hand can be invaluable. That's why Lexus New Zealand and the New Zealand Automobile Association have developed a special nationwide 24-hour emergency service for Lexus owners. Called Lexus Plus, the programme protects you against the possibility of being stranded away from home because your vehicle breaks down. If this happens, you will have direct access to immediate help using the 0800 4 LEXUS (453 987) service.
The benefits of this programme are explained in the Lexus Care book, which can be found in the wallet in your vehicle’s glove compartment.
Please note however, that this service is only available to Lexus owners and is different to that operated directly by the AA. If in the unlikely event of a breakdown you choose to ring the AA direct rather than use the Lexus On Call line, you must state clearly at the beginning of your discussion that you are the owner of a Lexus vehicle.
Also, the recovery programme ‘membership’ is a feature of Lexus vehicles in New Zealand and therefore may transfer from owner to owner during the period of vehicle eligibility.
The administrative details for the recovery programme, along with your special AA recovery card will be sent to you on purchase of a Lexus vehicle.
Lexus Plus Cover
Lexus Plus offers a wide range of services whether you require roadside assistance to recover your vehicle, emergency windscreen replacement, alternative transport home or even assistance with changing travel plans if you are unexpectedly delayed.
Lexus will also arrange any accommodation and rental car requirements that may arise if breakdown repairs cannot be completed on the day of the emergency. This service even extends transporting replacement clothing to you, or to passing on urgent messages to family, friends and colleagues.
Lexus Plus provides:
- 24-hour roadside assistance anywhere in New Zealand for:
- Lock and key difficulties
- A flat tyre
- Re-starting a discharged battery
- Assistance with the location and transportation of parts
- Free delivery of emergency fuel
- Emergency windscreen assistance
- Call us and we will put you in touch with the nearest reliable windscreen repairer. (The AA will arrange for a repairer to travel to the vehicle if it cannot be driven.)
Emergency services in the event of a major breakdown:
- Vehicle recovery* - In the unlikely event of a major breakdown Lexus Plus will transport your Lexus, and any trailer or boat on tow at the time, to the nearest Lexus dealer or service agent, from anywhere in New Zealand. If the closest Lexus dealership or service agent is more than 100km away from the breakdown site, recovery will be made to the closest AA authorised place of repair.
- Accommodation* - If your vehicle has a major breakdown more than 100 kilometres from home and cannot be repaired immediately, Lexus Plus will provide accommodation for you and your companions (to a maximum of $400 incl GST) until you are able to return home or continue on your journey.
- Rental car** - In the event of a breakdown Lexus Plus will provide a rental car (to a maximum of $400 incl GST) to enable you to continue on your journey.
- Alternative transport home - we can arrange alternative transport home or to your next destination should you become stranded.
* Vehicle recovery, rental car and accommodation are provided in the event of a major breakdown of your Lexus more than 100 kilometres from home, which cannot be repaired within 24 hours. For breakdowns within 100 kilometres of home, or if your vehicle could be repaired within 24 hours, only some elements of Lexus Plus service will still apply. AA staff will liaise with you as to how best they can assist to repair or recover your Lexus and to take you home. Inter island ferry tickets will not be included.
** Standard rental car criteria: hire arrangement require the driver to be at least 21 years of age, have held a current driver’s licence for a minimum of 12 months, and hold a valid credit card.
Emergency travel assistance:
- Touring and travel information.
- Assistance with booking or travel changes if there are unexpected delays, and
- Assistance in cancelling and re-issuing travel documents if they are lost or stolen.
- Emergency message facility.
- We will pass on any urgent message to family, friends and colleagues following the breakdown of your vehicle.
- Motor vehicle accident or theft assistance.
- Help and advice if your Lexus is involved in an accident, stolen or vandalised.
- Emergency medical assistance.
- 24-hour phone access to trained medical staff should you be injured or become ill.
Lexus Plus can also:
- Arrange a referral to a local doctor, dentist, chemist or hospital
- Organise hospital admission
- Contact your family doctor, relatives or friends, and
- Arrange the transfer of medical records, or repatriation to a place of treatment nearer to your home, anywhere within New Zealand.